GoultySoul

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Hi!

I have an HP ProBook 450 G1. The screen is flashing and has colored lines all over. I thought its the screen cable, but I disassembled it and it isn't show any kind of damage. I contacted a local service, and they offered me another MoBo. A Non-Windows, a Win8, and Win8 Pro.

My question is: The Non-Windows one, basically means that it doesn't come with any preinstalled OS just DOS?
That is fine by me. I just need a new mobo to install the windows 10 on it.

Thank You!

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
no idea what you would class as non-windows:

apples mobo perhaps?

windows is a disk program, not a motherboard bios. if someone says: this isnt a windows mobo, ill assume its a unix/apple/andriod 'thing' that does not have windows support.

A motherboard does not have Windows installed. You would still use your same disk with the new motherboard, they should not be changing motherboard models outside of the model that came with the laptop. Once the motherboard is installed, the system will work the same way it did with your existing hard drive.

GoultySoul

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Then i have no idea what they mean by non-windows, win8 and win10 mobo. I know windows is a disc program, but i thought that the mobo has some kind of factory reset to win8 or win 10. But the reset thing is a particion on the hdd too, not on the mobo. I'll ask them again then.

Thank you for your help!

TRENDING THREADS