shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Hello
my laptop screen was making cracking noices alot, but i thought it was something normal ?

Please help me about this i am really freaking out

The screen is perfectly fine, works fine , just makes some noices sometimes

Please help

i own : MSI GS60 GhostPro 4k (6QE)

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
A screen shouldn't make noises. Are there embedded speakers in that, maybe the speakers are crackling for one reason or another. Send a ticket to MSI if you are still under warranty if you think it definitely isn't the speakers.

not to make you more nervous, but you don't smell anything burning around the monitor, like an electrical burning smell? its pretty unlikely, you'd probably be able to smell it. Depending on backlighting it could also be ccfls maybe, those might make noise....never encountered it though. I have encountered plenty of speakers that would crackle/pop due to driver issues/etc.

There is nothing in a screen besides electrical or backlighting that could make noise to my knowledge. Almost certainly another part is the source of the issue.

shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

Not the Speakers.... using Headphones..
its kinda comes from screen

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
even if you aren't actively using the speakers, a driver issue/bug could cause them to crackle.

Speakers crackling is a fairly common issue, do a quick google search on MSI and Crackling

shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

Its not the speakers i am sure of it
Its the screen please help me

shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

nothing from support please help me

what am i dealing with here

and whats the worst case senario?

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
worst case is there is a badly soldered wire connecting to the monitor, or badly insulated cable that it touching metal, and what you are hearing is electrical arching(think touching 2 powered copper wires together, like jumper cables(but with much much less power involved)).

But opening the case on a laptop will almost certainly void any warrenty so I would leave it to MSI support in that case. If you are out of warrenty, then at your own risk you could open up the laptop and physically check, but if you haven't done this before you probably shouldn't because it can be tricky in some cases not to break something accidentally when opening laptops up that much. You sort of have to know when you should apply a lot of force, and when you need to check for a wire to unplug or another screw.

But if you have it physically open, you can connect the proper cables and turn it on whilst open and listen closer and identify exactly what is causing the issue. But again, not recommended as a lot can go wrong.

shaswar7x

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

Could it be just expansion of the screen and unexpantion?