Laptop screen not working with vertical lines

Angelamorel

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
It was perfectly fine yesterday but when I turned it back on, the screen goes white. And the weird is that whenever I move my mouse, there's a movement on the screen too. Besides the white screen, various colored vertical lines is all over and I just want it fixed. For now, the only technique I tried would be getting the battery out and pressing the power button for 30-60 seconds. Can this be fixed without payment? It's my only laptop and I need it like really need it since I'm a college student. Please help me :((

hang-the-9

Titan
You can try reseating the cable to the display, that may help. It does sound a bit like a failed video card or motherboard, possibly RAM.

You can try a different stick of RAM in the system (if you have two installed you can try one at a time in the first slot), if that does not help, check the screen connections. If that does not help, the screen may be bad. Connecting an external monitor to the laptop can help you rule out some issues. If it works with no problems on the external monitor, chances are good that it's an issue with the screen and not the video card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 1
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
6 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Davi Rego Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop screen is black but running, works with external monitor. Changed LDC cable and screen - no dice >:
Question Inspiron 7567 laptop built-in screen and keyboard backlight not working as soon as I install Intel HD 630 graphics drivers
Question I upgraded to win 10 with broken screen laptop now can't get external to work. Asus 2014 laptop i3 Intel
Question Asus laptop display doesn't work after replacement
Question Acer Nitro 5 restarted when updating graphic drivers and now external monitor won’t work (screen broken)
Question Laptop screen black after partial disassembly, works with HDMI cable
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question Aliminium laptop is blinking, and work only without bottom shell
Question New Laptop Screen - stops working after Nvidia drivers installed
Question Laptop black screen, but works with external monitor
Question Laptop Screen not working
Question Laptop water spill, it works fine on external monitor, but no screen.
Was working on my computer laptop. When it just clicked and the screen went black.
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! How to fix a black screen on my Mecer laptop. Already tried the ctrl+alt+del. Didn't work. And battery unremovable
Solved! laptop display is not working.
GL553VD 120hz monitor upgrade, will it work?
Solved! My Laptop Screen is black and I plug to an external monitor it doesn't also works it gives me the orange light, can anyone ple
laptop not work and not showing further screen

ASK THE COMMUNITY