Solved! Laptop screen: Vertical lines and flashing bottom...

Dec 13, 2021
Hi!
I have a Samsung r580 laptop which is about 11 years old. For the last 6 months there's been "screen top flashing at the bottom" problem. Also I've realized that colors appear more pale on this screen and when i look really closely, i can see vertical stripes of the colors that whatever is on the screen (like pixels).
When i connect my laptop to tv with hdmi cable, non of these visual problems appear. So i assumed there must be something wrong with the screen itself or the cable maybe...? How can i fix this?

Solution
Well if it's the cable, taking it apart and reseating it may help. If it's the screen, need to replace it. Really no secrets to fixing screen issues, they are pretty straight forward.
For a system that old, you can replace it with a newer one for about the cost of having someone look at it and replace the screen. $150 should get a Lenovo T430 from places like craigslist that will be much faster with a better full HD screen.
Well if it's the cable, taking it apart and reseating it may help. If it's the screen, need to replace it. Really no secrets to fixing screen issues, they are pretty straight forward.
For a system that old, you can replace it with a newer one for about the cost of having someone look at it and replace the screen. $150 should get a Lenovo T430 from places like craigslist that will be much faster with a better full HD screen.

Solution