Laptop screen won't turn on

ongkat

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I am using a ASUS A42J. I've had it for around 6 years. While using my laptop, the screen suddenly became distorted with pixels. After around 2 seconds, the screen went dark. I pressed the power button to turn off the laptop. I haven't been able to turn on the screen since.

When I try turning the laptop on, there are the regular sounds, but nothing comes up on the screen. I noticed that when I press the power button, the laptop turns off almost immediately as opposed to previously where it would turn off after around 5-10 seconds.

I've tried turning it on with a battery, turning it on with the socket, turning it off - removing all power sources - pressing the power button for 60 seconds and plugging it back in all to no avail.

I think I had my motherboard replaced 1-2 years ago.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

Solution