Laptop shows different letters than what I type

dhoxworth

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
For instance when I try to type a letter h in my password it types letter k, and it happens mostly to letters in the middle of the keyboard. Any help?

Hi,

Try pressing those keys again using the Onscreen keyboard and see if they do the same thing.
- Press Windows key + R at the same time and type "OSK" then press OK
- Try each of those letters that has some issue and see if it's the same
- If they are having the same problem using osk proceed on changing the keyboard region settings.
- Go got Control Panel click on Clock, Language and Region then Region and Language
- Make sure that everything is set to United States on all tabs inside Region and Language
- Click Apply and OK once everything is set correctly then try typing again.

Feathergold

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

Feathergold

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello, Laptop_Nerd!
You are such a genius!
Without you even knowing it, you helped me,, big time!
I was so worried about my laptop keys - typing letters and other characters when I press any key, and then I found your answer to someone who, at one point, went through a similar problem as I did some minutes ago. And tried the procedure you recommended,, and voila! it worked! :) I thought I would never be able to use my Samsung Laptop again, after I tried so many other recommended solutions online that did not work,, and it made me feel really sad --- until I found your solution to the problem here! THANK YOU so very much for your help!
Keep sharing your knowledge and your being a genius. Boy, am I so relieved! whew! Whoever you are, wherever you are in the world,,You are my angel in disguise this time. :) May God bless you always.
I wish you a great day!