I have an ASUS G550 laptop, and recently it has started to shut down after a few minutes with the lid closed. I have it connected to an external monitor so i dont want that to happen. I have set all the power options to do nothing when I close the lid, and to never shut down the hard drive and all that stuff, and I do not think it is overheating because it doesnt shut down when the laptop monitor is lit and it does not get warm.
Please do follow these steps in changing the Power Option of your laptop.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.