Laptop shuts off when connected to AC adapter

damzii

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Hello, I have a Clevo laptop model P750DM2-G which is about two months old from Cyberpower. A little back story on how I use the laptop: I usually leave the adapter plugged in because the battery life is actually pretty poor, getting only about one and a half hours of usage at a time. Today, I went to help my dad with a project of his and about five hours later, I find my laptop has a black screen, which I would expect, but the laptop wasn't responding to anything I was doing. I held the power button to restart the system, but I ended up getting a screen telling me to select or insert a backup disc. After I got to the F8 (or F10) screen, I was able to restart my system. I found out that plugging in my ac adapter made my laptop shut off and struggle to restart. I've also started to hear a high pitched whirring sound that seems to come from the HDD.

I know this was quite the wall of text, but any help would be appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dougbateman3212 Laptop Tech Support 2
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 3
EVE3LYNN Laptop Tech Support 1
charliesfrt Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 3
MildmanneredMugi Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
U Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Solved! Laptop shuts off playing WOW - not heat related
why my laptop keyboard not working properly and on such event on removing power chord laptop shutting down immediately?
Question laptop suddenly shut down and wont turn on
Question Laptop turns on with a small white line and shuts off
Question Laptop won't turn on, fully charged but no LED light
Discussion My laptop screen turned black and shut down when I Enabled Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 driver
Question MSI laptop keeps shutting down
Question When i press any keys on my laptop it will shut off automatically by it self. Can you help me?
Solved! HP laptop speakers don't mute (Shut) when earphones are connected.
Solved! I have dell laptop. I can't open it without charger connection. When I am switching off charger switch , system shut down. So
Solved! My compaq laptop gets hot & shuts off even when battery is not connected
My Toshiba Laptop connects to my tv for a few seconds then shuts back off
Laptop just shut down.... It was connected to the charger and the battery was like 70% now I'm trying to switch it on and it i
I always have my laptop connected to my TV through HDMI. Today, my laptop overheated and shut itself down. Now I can no longer
Laptop won't charge unless shut down. Randomly connects and disconnects if it is on.
Plug in microphone shuts off sound. Laptop is connected to HD t.v.
Laptop shuts down but only when battery is connected
Gateway laptop randomly shuts off when not connecte to cable (could be a soon as cable is out or 30 min later)
Charger Connected (green light lit), but shuts down once plugged into laptop
SAMSUNG LAPTOP SHUTS DOWN WHEN FLASH DRIVE CONNECTED.

ASK THE COMMUNITY