Laptop startup problem

Yeoh__

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I have an Asus N550J. It stays at the Asus logo screen over a long time, but there still aren't any action, I tried unplug cable and turn off power > wait 10 sec > plug in power and turn on power, but still the same outcome, there is a blue screen mentioning startup problem, but there isn't any way for me to repair the problem. Kindly need some help

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work and if its still stuck on the ASUS logo, remove the HDD off the laptop then boot it up with it off the laptop.
- If the laptop will load pass the ASUS logo without the HDD and load into a black screen with an error that could mean that the HDD is faulty.
- But if the laptop will still get stuck on the ASUS logo that could mean that the problem is the motherboard.
- Do try reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still get stuck on the ASUS logo, last option would be to remove the CMOS battery for seconds then put it back in.
- If all these will not work, do contact ASUS for a repair specially if it's still under the factory warranty.

But if the laptop will get pass the ASUS logo with no problem with the HDD still connected I would suggest reinstalling Windows.

Yeoh__

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I left it aside from night to morning, between the time, it automatic repair and autoboot, when I woke up this morning, I saw the window log in screen there, but it hangs at there, I can't even enter my password

Yeoh__

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Its a 2 years laptop, and it has a built in battery

Yeoh__

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I will be buying the internal hard disk converter. My friend laptop does not have a 2nd hard drive bay

Yeoh__

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

My bad, I meant that, the USB enclosure