Laptop "stuttering" problem

fliiboogie

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hi, i just recently got a new asus laptop to play some game and talk to my friends on skype. it can do everything i need it to do with good fps except for some reason it randomly makes a stuttering noise and lags my computer for a second or two. it does this when im on youtube,skype,browsing, anything pretty much. sometimes it doesnt really happen at all and other times it happens every 3 seconds and makes my computer unusable. If anyone could help i would really appreciate it. this is my laptop on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6834230242

fliiboogie

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
i posted this about a week or two ago and no one answered so im reposting... it seems like no one has an answer :(. it really sucks because sometimes it starts happening really often and it makes my computer almost unusable.

rdc85

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Your link is broken...

Had u check at the processor usage / gpu usage / hard disk usage when it happening. is there a bottle neck?

Using cooling pad helps?

had u tried run memtest to see if there a RAM error/failure?

fliiboogie

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
i would also like to add that i googled it a week ago and someone had mentioned something about my "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"... could this have something do with it?

rdc85

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Laptop in much a "jungle" for much of people around here including me....

so actually i'm not confident i can helps, but as i know much the problem was the heat or it being bottle necked by either GPU/CPU/HDD. (could check at task manager, resource manager, gpu-z....)

Memory fail can also make system crash at both desktop and note book so it also good to check..

and i'm forget about something. check if there a background apps that running (eating your performance example, updater/ antivirus/ etc... ) u can check at task manager / resource manager ....

fliiboogie

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
ok i notice that when the "stuttering" noise and visual stuttering happens (which is about a 2 second period), my cpu usage on all 4 cores shoots up drastically.... what does this mean? i mean its just a youtube video and my computer is able to run all the games i play with flying colors... how can i fix this?

rdc85

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
There could be a bloatware/background process that running in the background that make the processor become bottle necked...

there also a chance that the turbo core function is not working fine.....
A6. proc can be O.C. -ed or disabled its turbo function.. but i will not recommend it unless u familiar with O.C...

So first try disable unimportant service/process/apps....

fliiboogie

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

i dont have any processes that are doing it... and when i go into amd overdrive to select turbo core it doesnt say that the box is checked... then when i check it and hit apply it doesnt stay.