Laptop sudden harm

mymnadmd

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I bought dell vostro 14-5459 last year, and today my laptop can’t switch on properly and have burnt smell out of sudden. The blue screen pop out and show something like “Your pc have some problem and will be restart” and there’s a code bar below. But due to burning smell I just flip off the screen. I’m not quite familiar with computer stuff, so can you help me to solve this problem? Can this laptop be repaired? Is true that all my data in it will be gone or disappear?

Solution
"Burning smell"? That's a serious situation which most likely requires you to crack open the Dell and start identifying the source of the smell.

This link is a review of your Dell from November last year. It's meant for reference as it contains useful pictures of how to open the laptop. Go through the pictures and identify the system fan area. Hopefully, you only have to take out the system fan and dust it off.

http://laptopmedia.com/review/dell-vostro-14-5459-review-a-compelling-choice-if-you-are-into-14-inchers/

If you're "not quite familiar" with computers, I suggest you enlist the help of a friend who is. If your Dell is still under warranty, make use of it now.

Apart from dust in the system fan, other possible causes include a...
"Burning smell"? That's a serious situation which most likely requires you to crack open the Dell and start identifying the source of the smell.

This link is a review of your Dell from November last year. It's meant for reference as it contains useful pictures of how to open the laptop. Go through the pictures and identify the system fan area. Hopefully, you only have to take out the system fan and dust it off.

http://laptopmedia.com/review/dell-vostro-14-5459-review-a-compelling-choice-if-you-are-into-14-inchers/

If you're "not quite familiar" with computers, I suggest you enlist the help of a friend who is. If your Dell is still under warranty, make use of it now.

Apart from dust in the system fan, other possible causes include a fried RAM module, battery overheating, and power plug malfunction. I'm sorry to say that, at this moment, data loss is the least of your problems.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution