Question Laptop suddenly freezes that is accompanied by a loud noise and won't turn on after

Mar 2, 2019
Hi,

My laptop suddenly freezes while playing I'm a video game and suddenly it freezes and have a loud noise, usually I am just turning it off by pressing the power button but then it won't turn on.
When pressing the power I can feel the fan running but stops, the comptuer led that indicates it is charging also blink once and changes color from blue to orange and then reverts back to blue again.

My laptop is Acer Aspire E-15

Mar 2, 2019
Could be a failed motherboard, that is a pretty recent model, did you contact Acer support?
Thank you for helping sir, my laptop model is Acer Aspire E 15 E5-574-58GZ and what are the signs for a failed motherboard?
I haven't contact Acer support yet as my laptop is just given to me by my relatives living overseas.

Thank you for helping sir, my laptop model is Acer Aspire E 15 E5-574-58GZ and what are the signs for a failed motherboard?
I haven't contact Acer support yet as my laptop is just given to me by my relatives living overseas.

Sign of a failing motherboard is exactly what you are seeing, computer not turning on, fan turning on for a second then stopping, lights going on but nothing is happening with the system.
Are you using the original power cord with it or a 3rd party replacement one?

If you don't have warranty on the system, then you can try taking it apart, remove the battery and the CMOS battery off the motherboard if there is one, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If it does, plug in the batteries and see if it works normally after that.

Mar 2, 2019
Sign of a failing motherboard is exactly what you are seeing, computer not turning on, fan turning on for a second then stopping, lights going on but nothing is happening with the system.
Are you using the original power cord with it or a 3rd party replacement one?

If you don't have warranty on the system, then you can try taking it apart, remove the battery and the CMOS battery off the motherboard if there is one, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If it does, plug in the batteries and see if it works normally after that.
Sir, is there any other way? The CMOS battery of my laptop is protected (it have its own case) I am trying to remove the CMOS battery but it's impossible.