Hi...I am facing a problem with my Toshiba Satellite L755-M1M0 Laptop...
*The Laptop shutsdown suddenly (no blue screen) at random intervals..(the intervals are decreasing day by day).
*Intel core i7
*Ram is 4GB + 8 GB
*have a dedicated Nividia graphic card
*Quad core second generation.
* Hard disk 500GB
*I downloaded a software named real temp to alert me when temperature goes above 90c... but i don't think overheating is the problem as the laptop shutdown without an alert..also, I put it on cooling pad..
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- If it will still shut down, remove the battery off the laptop then power it on with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will still automatically shut down.
- If it will stay on with just the AC adapter connected that means the problem lies in the battery. Do perform a battery calibration with the laptop and see if that will help or not.
- Here's how to do the battery calibration: http/www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html
- But if the laptop will still shut down with just the AC adapter connected, do try a different charger and observe again if it will still shut down by itself.
- If the laptop will still shut down using a different AC adapter, please do open the laptop and check the fans if there's no dust on it and apply new thermal paste on the CPU as well.
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the motherboard