Laptop turns back on after pressing Power Button to sleep

daryll94

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Lately, Everytime i press Power button to sleep my laptop, it will turn back on after a few seconds,
and after I log-in my account the highlight will always be in the last icon or in my lower right corner always or if in the folder/browser it will always scroll down to the lowest or if in text/type words it will go to the last Image just like this but my keyboard is not even holding any botton to make this happen.
After i press Left Arrow Button in my laptop it will be back to normal. (doesnt work with usb keyboard) but thing is i never touch my built in keyboard to make some damage. (will be uploading a video later)

I suspect might some kind of virus but im not really sure. Last i did in my laptop is install this DeBloater from this Site and i already uninstalled this one. (Note: DeBloater is an android phone app.)
Or maybe some windows update that i didnt notice? Not really sure when or how it started.
Might be a virus or maybe laptop system problem. [strike]Will be posting a video later if can make one[/strike] Video. Any help please?
Really need help for this because it is starting to annoy me since i always press power button to let laptop sleep to save battery then will turn back on un notice. Thanks in advance

Tried solution:
Safe mode didnt fix problem
Used On screen keyboard to know if Right Arrow button is hold or something didnt work
Tried cleaning using Ccleaner for leftovers
Scan for virus using Kaspersky and Malwarebytes = 0 result

Unit: Asus x555ln

additional question: if i format this laptop, is there a chance to completely remove this problem?

Well after watching the video, I would say you really need to check the computer for malware, virus, etc.

First, try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't happen in "Safe Mode" then you definitely have something nefarious on the laptop that needs to be removed.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

ffg7

Splendid
webworkings, if it doesn't happen in safemode doesn't mean there is a "nefarious" problem on the laptop in normal mode because it could be a driver or setting issue that is disabled while running in safemode.

daryll94, try a system restore to before this problem started.

daryll94

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
first thanks for the replies

I have tried safe mode but sadly it didnt work

I didnt have any system restore available, as i dont know how to use it. Therefore i dont have chance to use it to fix my problem. Is there any solution you can offer?
Last solution i can think is to format my laptop.

daryll94

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

Im using Windows 10(upgraded from Win8.1), well i dont have idea about recovery disk so i cant answer your question sorry.

daryll94

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

I use this laptop in posting, actually after the problem shows i just need to press the left button to stop it from keep going to the last/lower part of the screen, and i can use it normall. Though it is only temporary fix i found, then restarting laptop problem will be back.

daryll94

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
UP for this please, tried to scan with spyware tool no luck.
additional question: if i format this laptop, is there a chance to completely remove this problem?