Question Laptop turns off when unplugged, screen wont turn on when plugged with no battery

Mar 3, 2020
2
0
10
0
I know this question might have been here before, but i could not find any solution yet.
I have an Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black edition, model: vn7-593G
I have followed the guide here link but nothing really worked, and i have not replaced the battery yet.
My actual case is the following:
I do not have an external battery, i checked the battery status on windows 10 and it says that i still have around 85% of the original capacity of the battery, however if I unplug the AC adapter my laptop immediately turns off, but if i disconnect the battery from the motherboard and I try to power on the computer with the power adapter plugged in, the screen will not turn on, although the keyboard lights still light up.
There is another issue I noticed, but this has been going for about a month, my original AC adapter stopped working and I got a new one with the same voltage output and amperage, however my CPU starts overheating, such that i can feel it burning even when i am barely running any applications, it does it on both Linux Mint and Windows 10. However, before the laptop stopped running on battery, it was only overheating when the charger was plugged in.
I dont think the battery needs to be changed, but i am not sure what it could be.
 
Sounds like you have a combo problem.

1. The new charger likely isn't the right one for your device. It if was you wouldn't get the overheating and it would charge things correctly.

2. Some laptops require a battery be in and connected for them to work at all. No matter if on the charger or not.

3. The % a battery says it has doesn't mean that is actually what it has. Sadly many systems are set up to say there is whatever percentage left/available even when the battery is going bad. So say the battery only works to 25%, and the other 75% is no longer usable/functioning, the computer will still say you have 75% or more when you only have 25% you can use. So I would also suggest replacing the battery.
 
Reactions: mdn97
Mar 3, 2020
2
0
10
0
Sounds like you have a combo problem.

1. The new charger likely isn't the right one for your device. It if was you wouldn't get the overheating and it would charge things correctly.

2. Some laptops require a battery be in and connected for them to work at all. No matter if on the charger or not.

3. The % a battery says it has doesn't mean that is actually what it has. Sadly many systems are set up to say there is whatever percentage left/available even when the battery is going bad. So say the battery only works to 25%, and the other 75% is no longer usable/functioning, the computer will still say you have 75% or more when you only have 25% you can use. So I would also suggest replacing the battery.
Thanks for your answer, I have ordered another AC adapter, which it is like the original, for my laptop and I will check if anything changes with the overheating. If that is not the case then i will try to test the battery., do you have any suggestions how i should do that? will a multimeter help or is it some other kind of tool that i need?

<<Extraneous content removed by moderator>>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ShravanM Laptop Tech Support 9
E Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 5
D Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 7
N Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Shpati Laptop Tech Support 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY