Laptop very slow after waking up from sleep/hibernate - Ive tried all the usual suggestions

Sameerz

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hi guys, thought I would try here, hope its the right section.

Recently, like a week to now, my laptop has been struggling a lot. Its maybe 2 weeks ago I noticed it but the past few days its been worse. Heres the problem:

When I wake the laptop from sleep or hibernate, window loads but nothing works. I open up chrome, which opens up but does not load anything. I open my computer but when I click to go somewhere else it just gets stuck and keeps loading. I always have to hard shut off and on. After that, windows starts fine but when its under load ( watching a video while opening windows or at least I feel like when theres a heavy load, the wifi internet disconnects and the bottom bar goes hazy (the windows bar). After 15 or so seconds the internet connects again and the bar becomes normal.

Also, Ive not updated windows 7 since 2014. I just made it check for updates and it doesnt work. I left it on for 2 hours and it uses 50% memory and my fans are going off, its using too much of the system and not giving results. I know there will be a crap load of updates, but do you think 2 hours is enough to find all the updates? ----Finally updated today, no change at all---

Solutions Ive tried:

dl Malwares bite and Win defender to scan for virus and malwares. Nothing, even if there were, the programs cleaned it up.

dl registry cleaner because maybe it was bad registery files? The program cleaned up bad portions but no change.

Used cmd sfc /scannow and no problems

Used cmd to scan and test HD to see if it was failing. Results say its good.

Spammed F8 during restart to go to menu and Repair Computer. Used the Bootup Repair, it said it fixed something but no go.

Used another option from F8 menu to test memory. Memory is good.

I updated my video driver as people say that is likely to screw up the system from wakeup, did so and no change.

I dl Microsoft Fix It centre but it gives me an error. I think I managed to get it to work and it fixed the windows update but still no luck.

Ive disabled and enabled hibernation to clean up hybersis file. No luck (heard this is stupid and does not help but tried anyway)

I seriously have no idea whats the problem. I thought it might be hardware but from the tests its fine. Maybe software but wtf could be wrong. I cant do restore because I dont have any from 1, 2 or any weeks from now.

Solution
Sounds like problems I had in the past on/off first of all turn your power options completely off no sleep or hibernations everything left on. Sometimes hardware gets a build up of static in the boards and components when windows tries to wake these devices back up they wont thats why hard resets work it clears the static away. Windows updates will take ages to catch up on one of my desktops they were going on for a couple of weeks. If you select it to let you know when updates occur at least you know what's going on in the background All the time I had updates coming through I was unable to use that desktop fortunately I have two. So I know its frustrating as I got like that but it may just be a power options and updates..

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Sounds like problems I had in the past on/off first of all turn your power options completely off no sleep or hibernations everything left on. Sometimes hardware gets a build up of static in the boards and components when windows tries to wake these devices back up they wont thats why hard resets work it clears the static away. Windows updates will take ages to catch up on one of my desktops they were going on for a couple of weeks. If you select it to let you know when updates occur at least you know what's going on in the background All the time I had updates coming through I was unable to use that desktop fortunately I have two. So I know its frustrating as I got like that but it may just be a power options and updates..

Solution

Sameerz

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

Thank you for the reply. Is there any solution to the static buildup? I can turn both off but I need them again.