Laptop Water Cooling Mod Help

Maxamus456

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
Hi, Id like to water cool my Toshiba S855D-S5120 laptop to get the most out of its performance. I don't want to mod the stock parts(just in case) but i cant find a replacement heat sink. I don't really know where start so any help is appreciated. And don't try to convince me that i need a cooling pad or stuff like that I already have some of those gadgets and the do help but i want to do the extreme.

Thanks for any help
Maxamus456

Solution

Oh. If you aren't making it mobile, why not have the extra features of overclocking and better performance of a desktop? With that money, you could make a pretty decent PC. You would probably need a power supply to power this and would have to build a whole case for it.

Andrew Buck

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

How are you planning to power the pump, radiator, and reservoir? Do you have a closed loop cooler?

Andrew Buck

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Oh. If you aren't making it mobile, why not have the extra features of overclocking and better performance of a desktop? With that money, you could make a pretty decent PC. You would probably need a power supply to power this and would have to build a whole case for it.

Solution

Maxamus456

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
Oh... I was hoping that it wouldn't be that expensive. I was doing this to not have to buy one but if its the same price i guess ill just save up for a desktop thanks for the help

Andrew Buck

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Alright, no problem. Do you need help with a setup for a desktop?

Maxamus456

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

I might because i dont know much about water cooling and i dont want to do a closed loop.... but it might be a while because i the money to buy a new PC right now