Laptop webcam static

Oct 9, 2018
So my laptop is already a year old but still in good condition. I've put a tape cover on my webcam before (bcoz of course i was paranoid) and decided months ago to take it off. Since then, whenever i use the camera it has multi colored static lines running horizontally. It only appears when i use my webcam though. Is it possible that the cause is when i covered the camera with tape? or is it a driver problem? pls help i wanna use it

install the webcam driver for your laptop from the manufacturer´s support homepage

Does your display show this lines or just the webcam´s image?

The webcam could have lose connection, while the tape was removed (lens or position in case/flex cable)

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Agreed, but I don't see how the tape could have moved the webcam because if it did you should have noticed it. However it does sound like a loose connection. Are you 100% positive the webcam was working without issue originally?

Oct 9, 2018

I'm pretty sure it wasnt defective when we bought it. The camera was tested. I also couldnt find any driver for the camera on the manufacturer's website

Oct 9, 2018

The lines only appear on the webcam's image. I also couldnt find any webcam driver for the specific model that i have. I will try searching for more and update here.