Solved! laptop, wifi adapter,

Sep 1, 2018
hello everybody,
I'm running the ACER Predator Helios 300 G3-572. Been a great laptop for about a year now. just today I was playing the Black ops 4 when I lost connection to the internet. my wifi card stopped showing up on the device manager, network sharing options and was not able to reset after restarting. I was able to apply driver updates but still no dice on the device manager and wifi capability. so i reset all wifi in the options. no joy. finally I factory reset the laptop... no change. is it possible the hardware fried? i have already talked to tech support and they gave they gave the usual "restart and try again". laptops got a ticket in for repair now. long story short, anybody here have had experience with this? please let me know. thank you.

Solution
Try connecting via Ethernet and see if that works. If that doesn't work, then I would start looking at your modem/router as the problem or the ISP.

And yes it is totally possible that the WiFi in the laptop is done for. Happens all the time. If that turns out to be the issue, then you have a couple of options. 1. Install (or have installed) a new internal one or 2. get a cheap, connects via USB port, external one.
Try connecting via Ethernet and see if that works. If that doesn't work, then I would start looking at your modem/router as the problem or the ISP.

And yes it is totally possible that the WiFi in the laptop is done for. Happens all the time. If that turns out to be the issue, then you have a couple of options. 1. Install (or have installed) a new internal one or 2. get a cheap, connects via USB port, external one.

Solution