Laptop wireless help

Evan man

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hello,

I recently wiped my laptop to reinstall windows from scratch. The laptop is a Thinkpad x130e. I went onto lenovos website to get the drivers. Everything working perfectly except the wireless. No matter what driver I install on the website, I can't see any wireless networks. Only the ethernet icon displays. In device manager it says the driver for network control can't be found, it also says there is an unknown PCI device. Any help?

Gbytes

Estimable
Sep 4, 2015
Reinstalling Windows should not have messed with your wireless capability. Somehow the drive is either outdated or the wireless is simply, shut off. Try updating the driver by just going to your wireless card in device manager, right clicking for properties, then updating driver through the internet. See if that works and make sure in other tabs you see when you right click on properties, that everything is on. Also any buttons on your laptop for the wireless card.

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009

You missed the part where he said "In device manager it says the driver for network control can't be found, it also says there is an unknown PCI device"

It would help if you provided more details: Windows 7 or 8, 32 or 64 bit?