Laptop with rotating/rolling display in "read mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I often use my laptop to read & edit printable documents (ie: savable PDF), thus higher than wider, with a display ratio similar to many "smart" phones. Although my current laptop, desktop and all the previous I had (both laptop & desktop) are on the opposite ratio: wider than higher. It makes me want to put my laptop on its side than have a software (perhaps the OS itself) have everything rotated so that the document viewed is *much* closer to its ratio.

A non-negligible portion or desktop display mount do rotate (and I assume there's a detector related to a software (again perhaps the OS itself) that does it automatically) so I can somewhat easily view and edit printable documents. I'm wondering if there's such a solution for laptops. The following is an illustration of what I mean:
laptop_display_rotating_in_read_mode_zpsxl2nzfdv.gif

Thank you kindly for your help

PS: Is there a way to upload images on this site? Some early sites (I've been on the 'net since '97), in times where storage space was costly had uploads to user profiles that limited their overall use of uploads, if it's the reason why you don't implement image uploads.

Solution
Oops.. Then you can use a tab for such work with an external keyboard. Then you can place your Tab portrait mode for the work. Other than that I've never encountered with such a Laptop.

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

That would be impractical for commuting, hard on the back & arms, wouldn't run on the laptop battery and would take a lot of space on the table while I have little (sometimes I have half a--small--table in a restaurant or café).

Nuwan Fernando

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Oops.. Then you can use a tab for such work with an external keyboard. Then you can place your Tab portrait mode for the work. Other than that I've never encountered with such a Laptop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.