Question Help! Can't extend display from Laptop to Monitors in 144hz!

Apr 13, 2020
purchased these monitors to act as a desktop setup with my laptop. I have tired everything I can to extend the display from my laptop to these monitors at 144hz but I can't get more than 60hz. What can I do to get 144hz on my monitors. Here is the setup:

2x Acer Predator XB241H Bmipr 24-Inch Full HD 1920x1080 NVIDIA G-Sync Display, 144Hz
Alienware - M17 17.3 Intel Core I7 - 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, 512 GB SSD

I also have the following docking station:

Plugable USB 3.0 Dual 4K Display Horizontal Docking Station with DisplayPort and HDMI for Windows (Dual 4K DisplayPort & HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports)

I have tried a lot of things but nothing has worked so far....

Apr 13, 2020
Did you install the specific drivers for the displays? Also, are your video drivers fully up to date?
Hi, yes I updated all of the drivers. I connected my work laptop with a DP to the monitor and it works just fine in 144hz. My alienware m17 has a mini DP and a thunderbolt. The dock is connected to the laptop via thunderbolt. When i connect my monitors to the dock using DP, nothing displays. However, through HDMI, I can extend to both monitors but only in 60hz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 7
T Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
TwackShackBoss Laptop Tech Support 0
Taddmtii Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 0