Laptop won’t boot not even to BIOS

marnesvstaden

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Ok so this issue mostly arose out of my own stupidity but here goes.
I have an Asus laptop g751jy and it worked absolutely perfectly until a day ago.
I think I accidentally deleted the system reserve partition by expanding an extra (which looked unused to me) partition on my SSD because I needed more space.

Ok so here starts the problems I restarted the laptop and it would not boot went straight to windows recovery area, none of the fix options worked so I tried a few online help tutorials via command prompt still nothing.
I then got Minitool partition wizard I then tried to recover my partition but was unsuccessful.
I also created a new efi partition.
I restart laptop and it won’t boot not even into the BIOS. It shows only a black screen and the HDD indicator blinks rapidly.
When I remove my SSD I can get into BIOS but if I insert it again same thing nothing just a black screen.

Any suggestions, did I wreck my SSD?

hang-the-9

Titan
No you did not wreck your SSD, it just had nothing to boot from. Make a Windows boot media, boot off that, Delete all partitions off your drive, start the setup. If you want to save you may want to boot off a Linix Live disk and see if it will see anything, although with you messing with the partitions you may have killed that option for you.

hang-the-9

Titan
No you did not wreck your SSD, it just had nothing to boot from. Make a Windows boot media, boot off that, Delete all partitions off your drive, start the setup. If you want to save you may want to boot off a Linix Live disk and see if it will see anything, although with you messing with the partitions you may have killed that option for you.

marnesvstaden

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the help I backed up my data on another PC, created a boot disk for Windows and then formatted and installed Windows on my working drive. The SSD was corrupted but I could get the data off once I had a working OS on my other drive, then just formatted and partitioned the SSD. All is good now everything working 100%. Just took quite a bit of time but this could have easily been avoided. Lesson = don't mess with partitions if you don't know what they are :no: ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Svlasak Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
LilApplication Laptop Tech Support 3
Machir23 Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 0
millimax Laptop Tech Support 11
O Laptop Tech Support 2
Ryun1975 Laptop Tech Support 2
Desiyo Laptop Tech Support 1
jarrettstewart Laptop Tech Support 2