Laptop Wont Boot After Power Surge!

AnAnnoyedPerson

Estimable
Nov 7, 2014
Help! Recently, I had a power outage and now my laptop (a Lenovo y510p) wont turn on. There is absolutely no sign of it being powered. I have tried taking the battery out for a bit, holding down power button etc. The only way i can get it to turn on is by pressing the novo button, once I press this i can click on system restore, default start up etc but once i have it just shuts down before it can do anything. Unfortunately i don't have a spare charger or anything to test with.

Any help in this problem with be appreciated.
Thanks!

Solution
When you were able to turn it on, was it plugged in or was it on battery? Does the battery recharge light in the front not light up. Have you tried just taking the battery out, keeping it plugged in and then trying the button?

If it doesn't even power on without the battery its a possible issue with the adapter
If it is just on battery and still can't power on, battery might be shot
Theres also the possibility that the PSU in the laptop is shot. Try the tests above.

Warukyure

Estimable
When you were able to turn it on, was it plugged in or was it on battery? Does the battery recharge light in the front not light up. Have you tried just taking the battery out, keeping it plugged in and then trying the button?

If it doesn't even power on without the battery its a possible issue with the adapter
If it is just on battery and still can't power on, battery might be shot
Theres also the possibility that the PSU in the laptop is shot. Try the tests above.

Solution