Laptop won't boot (no devices detected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2018
Hi!

I have Asus ROG G750JZ laptop and I opened, cleaned and assembled it. Now when I start to boot, it goes to BIOS and won't boot. In boot window there is no boot devices available. I have sshd and ssd but my laptop won't detect them. I tried to restore defaults in BIOS but it didn't help.

So, if anyone could help, I'd be grateful.

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I assume when you opened and cleaned it, your used proper precautions and did not poke around on the board?

How did you clean it and what did you use?

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the SSHD and SSD and see what happens?

Feb 8, 2018

Yup, I was careful with handling things when I opened and cleaned. I just blew it a little bit and wiped it with a cloth.

And yes, I tried to disconnect and connect the drives but it didn't help either.

Feb 8, 2018

I tried to exchange them but the cases didn't fit in there(I didn't open the cases). And they were just like that before opening and now.

I can't set the boot priority at all because there is no boot options. Or what you mean by correctly?

Feb 8, 2018

Little update to my situation. I tried to change only that flat flex cable (hdd to mb), but it didn't help. I took my laptop to a local computer company but they couldn't help either. So I ordered a HDD board from ebay and tried with that, but it won't still work. Someone said that try to change CMOS battery and I did, still nothing.

Feb 8, 2018
Heey,

The hdd board model number of my laptop is 60nb0180-hd1040. For some reason, I ordered 60nb00m0-hd1050. That didn't get my laptop to boot. Should it work with that board? Is it worth it to try order the right one?

May 21, 2018

May 21, 2018
hey, no worry here I have some tips for you to boot up your Asus ROG G750JZ,
To get the Asus to boot try it with the DVD drives and enter the DVD drive after you have entered the DVD drive, press the ESC key or f2 key to enter the BIOS setup. BIOS setup is very important for the booting process and you must launch the CSM. remember to disable the secure boot control now save the drive and press the ESC key or f2 to enter the BIOS setup again.

Feb 8, 2018

Thanks but I know how to enter to BIOS, that's not my problem here. And I have already tried with CSM and everything from BIOS. Also tried to install Windows 10 again from USB flash drive because ASUS Support suggested that but it stopped when it asks where to install because no hard drives are detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.