Laptop wont boot up

stanleytan9960

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
When i power up my acer aspire 4738g, power led working, hard drive light is blinking but for few seconds only, screen does not show anything not even acer bios screen. The fan running, hard drive spinning. The last few day it works perfectly after i adjust one of the cable connect from motherboard to usb port. I suspect that cable causes problem. Can someone help to solve my problem

Acer Aspire 4738g
Windows 10 home premium
Intel i3
8gb ram

Solution
I am assuming you mean you tried an external monitor. So did you see anything on the external monitor? If you did, then it is your connected display or cable. If it didn't then it is your Graphics Card/GPU which means the motherboard may need replacing.
It sounds like the problem isn't the laptop but actually the display. If it wasn't starting up/running, then you wouldn't get the internal sounds.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

stanleytan9960

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017

I had try this method but it wont works is there any other alternative method can someone give suggestion ??????

I am assuming you mean you tried an external monitor. So did you see anything on the external monitor? If you did, then it is your connected display or cable. If it didn't then it is your Graphics Card/GPU which means the motherboard may need replacing.

Solution