Laptop won't boot

SkogsBacon_1

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I cloned an older computer onto a SSD, I mounted the SSD in a new laptop. The SSD does not show up in the BIOS under the boot menu. Does anyone know how I can boot into the SSD?

The laptop is an ASUS TO500L series, i7-2880(or something like that), 8gb ddr3, previous OS and drive is windows and a HDD.

SkogsBacon_1

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

I used macrium reflect to clone it and it has worked three times before. I have checked it, the amount of bytes match. I just need to know how to boot it.

Tenslaster2980

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

Did you put the Drive out and back in again? That's happened to me before.

clarkjd

Distinguished
laptops are very particular about the drivers installed. Your cloned SSD has drivers for the system it was cloned from. Those drivers (particularly any motherboard specific drivers) might be incompatible with the new laptop.

Tenslaster2980

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

You're right, the Laptop probably doesn't recognize the Drivers and is screwing up.

Tenslaster2980

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

You're right, the Laptop probably doesn't recognize the Drivers and is screwing up.

SkogsBacon_1

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

I booted into the old drive, then while the windows 7 loading icon appeared it crashed. I can enter startup repair, but nothing works there...

clarkjd

Distinguished

Again, laptops are very particular about the drivers installed. Your cloned SSD has drivers for the system it was cloned from. Those drivers (particularly any motherboard specific drivers) might be incompatible with the new laptop.