Laptop won't detect own display after turning on SLI

MasterDedmor

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
I have the Lenovo y500 laptop that has two GT 650m in SLI. I have an old dell monitor plugged up to the VGA port. I was going to do some gaming today and I got in and realized that my SLI wasn't turned on so I opened the Nvidia control panel and turned it on.

As soon as I activated it then my laptop's monitor went dark and now my only monitor is my secondary monitor. I've went into display settings and clicked detect and nothing comes up. I've done two system restores and that won't fix it. I've tried getting new drivers but I don't really know how, as the only drivers I could find for the y500 are for windows 8 and I'm on win10.

This is really odd, becacuse I'm pretty sure I've had my SLI on while my second monitor was plugged in before. Please help, thank you.

MasterDedmor

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Updating the drivers seems to have fixed it. I hope this works for others having this problem.

Edit: Well I tried to mess around with my SLI again and the same issue happened a second time, only this time updating the drivers won't work. Either it wasn't the drivers that fixed it or something else.

TRENDING THREADS