Laptop wont enter BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyledoherty97

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hello everyone,

So I have an Asus K55VD laptop which recently the hardrive failed. I was having trouble with the bios and getting it to boot from USB so I just left it in for repair in a local shop. They put in a new hardrive and now I can boot the laptop.

Although now I want to install dual boot with Linux. When I press F2 to enter the BIOS it does nothing and carries onto the OS (windows 8.1).

Anyone know what the guys did or how I can fix this...?

kyledoherty97

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I did a few searches. I saw this video which I know is Acer but same thing should apply. When I get to Advanced options I am not presented with the 'UEFI Firmare Settings'.

I followed the video also and try all the steps with my Asus and Windows 8, and I didn't see the "UEFI firmware Setting", it was missing. In my case I know why, because I don't have the UEFI, just the old BIOS. When I use F2 I can go right away in the BIOS. What you should try is continue to use the F2 key at the beginning when you boot, you will get to the BIOS eventually.

kyledoherty97

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

Fixed it! After many reboots trying F2 I was just not getting anywhere. I went into the power options to have a look around.
What fixed it for me was the Power Options > System Settings, there is a check box which says 'Turn on fast boot'. I unchecked it and viola next time I restarted I was able to enter the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.