Laptop won't turn on after restart

el_mahiko

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Hi guys,
I have a problem with my laptop Acer Aspire 5349 (Windows 7) as it won't turn on immediately after restart. It kind of starts booting for one second but something clicks and it turns off, and when I press the power button it acts the same so I have to disconnect the charger and battery and do the hard reset by holding the power button for a 10 seconds and then it will turn on fine. Also there is a crack on the end of charger which i covered with isolating tape. I thought that the charger is causing such behavior but when i tried another charger, from my friend who has the same laptop, it acts the same. Also, laptop runs really slow, cant watch youtube videos on hd resolution, cant wach hd movies via kmplayer or any other, and sometimes it turns off without warning. I cleaned the fan but i'm not sure if it spins with right speed. So it would be great if you guys have some tips what should i do to find what's causing these problems.
cheers

Well, for checking fan speed and temps you can try installing programs like Speedfan or some of the others that are similar. This will let you know if that is part of your problem.

You might also want to run some serious malware, antivirus, etc. checks on the system to make sure nothing like this is causing your problem. Also, try launching in "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same problem. If you don't, then it is probably software or something similar on the system that is the issue.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

If it isn't any of these, then you are getting into BIOS issues (which may need updating and/or resetting) or hardware issues.

el_mahiko

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Ok, i checked for threats with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it didn't find anything.
I checked the temps with Speedfan and got these results:
HD0: 32C
TEMP1: 90C to 94C
Core0: 86C to 89C
Core1: 86C to 89C

Also tried lunching in safe mode but everything was the same.
Are these temps really that high to cause such problems or its something else?
What next should i do?
Thanks for reply

They are quite high. Especially if you aren't 'doing' anything when you get them. Sounds like you may need to replace your fan(s). At minimum replace all thermal paste.

BUT before doing anything to the hardware, if the device is under warranty still, contact the manufacturer. They then should repair or replace it. If it isn't under warranty any longer, then you can choose who you want to do the work.