Laptop wont turn on, please help.

jvturreff

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Hi there, im not sure this is the right location for this post. if not apologies.

I have an Acer travelmate 6594 series.
I turned it on fine about a year ago, then opened it up and realized i didn't have a good enough screw driver to take the cpu guard off.
so i half put it back together and sat it on my shelf.

The other day i finished the job, i pulled it apart, repasted everything that had dried old thermal paste on, then plugged everything back in and put it all back together.
i tried turning it on and.. nothing..
the fan span once, the leds flash once, then nothing for a few seconds then the lights flash again this time without the fan, and it just keeps doing that until i unplug it from power and pull the battery out.

I have tried removing the cmos battery, reseating the ram, i fully pulled it apart again to make sure i hadn't got paste on anything it wasn't supposed to be on, and then was extra careful to be sure i plugged everything in again.
I hadn't tested it before i finished the job to make sure it was still working after having sat there for a year, i just assumed it would be working, and i cant see what i could of done to have broken it, as i pull laptops and desktops apart all the time and repaste them and haven't had this trouble before.

Any thoughts?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yirv iej livcnqejwvijvw Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 2
madhav_ Laptop Tech Support 1
Darsh25973 Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 0
victorjohn9211 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 3
Tom's guide Laptop Tech Support 3