Laptop wont turn on, please help.

jvturreff

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Hi there, im not sure this is the right location for this post. if not apologies.

I have an Acer travelmate 6594 series.
I turned it on fine about a year ago, then opened it up and realized i didn't have a good enough screw driver to take the cpu guard off.
so i half put it back together and sat it on my shelf.

The other day i finished the job, i pulled it apart, repasted everything that had dried old thermal paste on, then plugged everything back in and put it all back together.
i tried turning it on and.. nothing..
the fan span once, the leds flash once, then nothing for a few seconds then the lights flash again this time without the fan, and it just keeps doing that until i unplug it from power and pull the battery out.

I have tried removing the cmos battery, reseating the ram, i fully pulled it apart again to make sure i hadn't got paste on anything it wasn't supposed to be on, and then was extra careful to be sure i plugged everything in again.
I hadn't tested it before i finished the job to make sure it was still working after having sat there for a year, i just assumed it would be working, and i cant see what i could of done to have broken it, as i pull laptops and desktops apart all the time and repaste them and haven't had this trouble before.

Any thoughts?