Laptop works fine for 10m then starts beeping and shuts down

igtaba

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015
Hi Guys, thanks to all of you for the answers in previous threads.

I have a problem with a Bangho Laptop. The description of the problem it's very simple: I turn of the computer and works perfect for about 10/15 minutes, then start doing beeping noise, (1 short beeping repeated) until it shuts down suddenly. Sometime times there are 20 beeps, others time 15 or 17, etc, that changes because sometimes shuts down more quickly.

All that say, everything in the hardware seems to work fine and the laptop does everything perfect in those "15m", an when it's shuts down itself never has a temperature of more than 55/60° C

Here is the specs of the laptop:

a9wfut.jpg

http://es.tinypic.com/r/a9wfut/9

if someone have an idea of what that might be please let me know, it would be appreciated

Thanks to all!

Solution
I still think it is a motherboard issue, but I want you to try something. Based on your screenshot, it looks like the laptop has a single 4 GB stick of RAM, right?

If the motherboard has two RAM slots, try putting the RAM stick in the other slot and test it again with MemTest86.

Let me know the results

TakeTheTicket

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
Whenever I have strange problems like this, I always try cutting power to the ENTIRE system (every last capacitor) before doing anything major since its such an easy thing to do.

1) Try these steps:

- Shut Down the laptop
- Unplug the power plug from the laptop
- Remove the battery from the laptop
- Press the power button a few times, then hold it for a few seconds (this drains any power that the motherboard may be holding)
- Reinstall the battery

2) Try booting your system now and see if remains on, if not, go to step 3.

3) Try running the system without the battery (only the wall plug) and see if you still have the problem.

4) Try running the system on just battery.

If you still have the issue after running on just battery and wall power separately then you can probably rule your battery and power supply out.

igtaba

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015

Thanks dor the tips, but the thing is this is the 2nd time the laptop is in the shop for repair,i've done those tips before the first time I tought that it was the batery, but now it's happening just with the power to the wall. I'm running out of ideas and the client thinks I'm fucking about

By the way, the power supply of the brick it's right and works fine

Thanks for taking the time to answer , and sorry for my english, it's not my mothers tongue

TakeTheTicket

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
Are you positive that this isn't a windows issue? Because I'm not there it's hard for me to tell. Have you checked the event viewer or checked for memory dumps (blue screens) ?

I assume you have opened the laptop and checked all hardware connections? After checking connections test the RAM with MemTest86 boot cd. Test the Hard drive with the Seatools boot cd (use the long test) .

You may have to turn "secure boot" off in the BIOS before being able to boot into the CDs.

If the laptop can stay on long enough to run a full pass of MemTest86 or test the entire HDD and all tests come back okay then I would think about backing up the customers data and either do a factory reset or a fresh install because this would indicate a Windows problem.

If the problem persists after a factory reset or fresh install then it would indicate a bad motherboard.

igtaba

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015

I'm very greatful to you for taking the tim to reply

mmmm. I don't think it's a windows problem, seems to wierd to be one, but is the only option I can't tick off

There is no blue screens when it shuts down. The laptop and the hardware connections are checked and OK. For the HDD, I've take it off and put it in a Desktop and use WD tools for windows, and it's OK.

If I understand right, MemTest86 doesn't use windows at all, and the problem is that the ram can't be checked because computer shuts down before the test is finish. I've reach 78% in the test and everything was ok before the shutsown, but not always shut down at that point, sometimes is around 50 or even less
I'm inclined to say that you're right and it is a problem on the MotherBoard. I've also entered the bios and let it on there, and the problem persist. I'm out of ideas really id is not the MoBo

TakeTheTicket

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015

I really think it is a motherboard problem too. I would find out how much a replacement motherboard costs (OEM motherboard replacements can be expensive). If the customer chooses to buy a new computer instead, then you could offer to transfer the customer's data to the new laptop in order to keep their business.

Until you get the computer stable, DO NOT make any attempts to flash the BIOS. If the computer turns off during a BIOS flash then the motherboard would be ruined.

Let me know what you decide.

TakeTheTicket

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
I still think it is a motherboard issue, but I want you to try something. Based on your screenshot, it looks like the laptop has a single 4 GB stick of RAM, right?

If the motherboard has two RAM slots, try putting the RAM stick in the other slot and test it again with MemTest86.

Let me know the results

Solution
Apr 3, 2018
Hi guys
I had the same problem with my laptop "beeping and shutting down" after about 10 to 20 min.
All I did was to take apart and re-assemble the gpu.
Problem solved for me.
I hope it helps
Cheers!

Dec 28, 2018

I have been having the same problem with my Sabre 17.I've sent it into California twice for repair. It works fine for a few months then starts beeping again. I assume it has to do with an update. It is absolutely thermo related (regardless of temp.). I can work around the beeps without it shutting down by holding function and pressing esc. and open system options change the fan speed to custom and hit apply. The beeps will stop. It doesn't fix anything but prevents the system from shutting down.