Laserdisc to PC

stonehead

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Hello. I have a Pioneer Laserdisc Cld-1850. I want to connect it to my PC so i can watch films. How do i do that? It has 2x Scart Output, Audio out (black/red), Video out and Optical Digital out. My laserdisc also allows me to play regular CD's and i can get audio through my Creative Soundblaster device. How di i get a picture to my PC? Any suggestions will be appreciated but please keep it simple as i am not that techy about PC jargon. Thanks

nsherin

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
You'll need a device capable of inpujtting video signals into your PC. Easiest way to do this is buy a TV card and then run a cable from the Video Out socket on your laser disc player to the Video In socket on the TV card.

stonehead

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Thanks for the quick response. Is there a particular type or brand you can recommend? Would it be the type that gets installed into back of PC and if so, how easy is that? This is my first foray into modifying a PC so nice and easy is always good.

stonehead

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Thanks for the quick response. Is there a particular type or brand you can recommend? Would it be the type that gets installed into back of PC and if so, how easy is that? This is my first foray into modifying a PC so nice and easy is always good.