Launch Trailer for the Goldeneye 007 Wii Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

coggsman

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I haven't purchased a wii game for myself in quite a while. It's been taken over by my 4yr old with Mario and Lego games. This may very well be the next game I get since I can't afford that new gaming machine.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Looks cool, BUT Pierce Brosnan was Bond in Goldeneye, not Daniel Craig. They should be using his face, not Craig.

kresso

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dwave[/nom]Looks cool, BUT Pierce Brosnan was Bond in Goldeneye, not Daniel Craig. They should be using his face, not Craig.[/citation]
I agree. I am not sure what type of screwed up logic prompted the switch.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Wii graphics are shameful. When I saw "Goldeneye" I was like, sweet, they ported the N64 version over! Oh never mind. I agree with kresso on this one. Pierce's face should be in this game if they are to use the Goldeneye name. Doh!

pizzacheeks

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
[citation][nom]kresso[/nom]I agree. I am not sure what type of screwed up logic prompted the switch.[/citation]
I will tell what. maybe it the fact that when Activision contact Pierce to reprise his role in the game he said no.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]Wii graphics are shameful. When I saw "Goldeneye" I was like, sweet, they ported the N64 version over! Oh never mind. I agree with kresso on this one. Pierce's face should be in this game if they are to use the Goldeneye name. Doh![/citation]
Considering that the Wii has 10 year-old architecture, I'm gonna say this game looks damn good. Give it a break.

t0mmy1977

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I just picked up my copy. Won't get to play until this evening. The graphics won't be on par with the PS3 or 360, but I'm hoping the fun factor will make up for it.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I'm still pissed off that they replaced Pierce Brosnan with the rubbish guy but still, the game looks fun. I look forward to playing it in HD with a Wii emulator.

dirgle

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Removing Pierce Brosnan from this game is sacrilegious, an insult to the original game. I for one will not be buying this.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I wonder if there were royalty and licensing issues involved with using Brosnan? Maybe they just didn't want to have to pay Peirce.

I know, I would prefer Brosnan as well. :(

beans4you

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
this is the game that really got me and my friends into fps, every weekend in our youth we had a blast! then came the drinking. and less gaming lol

G

EON (who owes the Bond brand) has licensee Mr Craig s to represent the Bond brand (including any likeness of his image), for them to use Pierce's mug someone somewhere would have to pay Pierce for that privilege, it's simple why pay extra when you can use something which comes free

Status
Not open for further replies.