LCD Screen Makes Whining Noise When Moved

Damorihno

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hi guys,
My Toshiba Satellite Pro L500-1VZ has recently started making a high-pitched whining noise when it is powered on, but the screen is down and off, and it is moved.
Also, when moving the screen up and down(i.e.the hinges) there is a faint noise as if a wire is after getting caught and is being pulled whenever the screen moves. Also, on tapping the screen when it is up and on, it sound as if something is loose inside, and the hinges creak slightly.

Any ideas on how to stop it, or is just since the laptop is 5 years old and it's starting to basically die?

Thanks guys,
Damo.

Here's an easy way to test if you need to replace the screen already. Get an external monitor and plug it in the laptop. Set the display to Projector only or external monitor and to do that press Windows + P on your keyboard and you'll get that option. Once the noise went away it surely is the LCD display making that sound but if not it's something else and one possible cause of that noise is the motherboard.

Damorihno

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Hi, I tried this, but it still made the noise. Even so, I do not think it is the motherboard. The sound very specifically comes out of the screen, and when I almost close the screen, but just before I close it down completely, it whines so loud I have to stop. It' just a really, really high pitched whining screen from the screen. It definitely comes from the screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Poxeh Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1