Leaked Data Puts Kindle Fire Orders at Quarter Million

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I admit to being one of those to pre order the Fire. I love my kindle and feel that Amazon has done a good job at providing the services they do. I was eager to get my hand on touch screen kindle(that is the only thing I don't like about my current 3rd Gen kindle) and when I heard they were going to come out with another version that was color, I was on board. And you can't lose with Amazon. Probably the easiest return policy in the business. If I don't like it, I can print out the return label and ship it back.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I want buy one... but no pre-order in Canada right now.

I still waiting. Let's hope I'll have it before xmas.

G

Yes...I was in the market for an Ipad or an I pad2..so pending a sale on the Ipad..I purchased this.I decided not to wait cuz I anticipated(my guess) that amazon will increase the price..if sales R strong..I also like amazon's return policy! I dont usually do pre-orders..but the price was right!

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
THEY STOLE THIS IDEA!!!! no innovation! no thinking! how dare they!

oh wait, shoot, thought this thread was about apple, since it's amazon this is ok cuz we have huge double standards. carry on

down vote this suckers :p you know it's true

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
The Fire is a tablet in a whole different market from the iPad. If this was a typical droid tab, everyone would right if off immediately cuz of its tech specs. Amazon has done something different though. They have released a tablet aimed at accomplishing what most people want to do with one. Price is right, specs are right, UI is right, company is right

Kindle Fire = $$$$ for amazon.

I'll probably get one, hats off to amazon for seeing what the market wants, and not what the iPad is.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]THEY STOLE THIS IDEA!!!! no innovation! no thinking! how dare they! oh wait, shoot, thought this thread was about apple, since it's amazon this is ok cuz we have huge double standards. carry ondown vote this suckers you know it's true[/citation]

Wo there cowboy, you have missed the point about apple by a wide margin. Amazon don't claim to have made something new and revolutionary whereas apple do claim that even though it is not true, the cupertino distortion is the problem and not the product

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]10" version please. And root-ed.[/citation]

10" version is next year afaik and Amazon already said that they won't try to restrict rooting on their devices.

G

@captaincharisma

and there's no fear of amazon bricking it, nice that eh

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I would like one but sadly I will have to wait until they are sold outside of the US. It is a bit irritating how that happens. When I was a kid I used to see all these neat things for sale in the back of comics that you could only buy in the US. It sucked then and it sucks now!

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I spoke with several adults and children who have a Kindle. They all like the the thing because it is convenient so I'm not surprised at the pre-orders.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I'd still rather have an e-ink screen for e-Reading. And without that, what's the point in a Kindle tablet?[/citation]
Amazon Prime, videos, music, web browsing, you know the things this is targeted at :p This is a tablet that is meant to make you want to use and buy content from Amazon.

G

I'm not really smart about technology but i'm trying to understand. Can someone tell me the difference between ipad and amazon fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.