Leaked Target Adds to $199 Wii Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
How far in advance do these stores print their circulars? Shouldn't we be seeing this price-cut any day now if the retail chains are already printing up these ads?

And why aren't Target and TRU suing whoever posted these pics online? They sue people who post pics of the Black-Friday sales in advance.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]How far in advance do these stores print their circulars? Shouldn't we be seeing this price-cut any day now if the retail chains are already printing up these ads?And why aren't Target and TRU suing whoever posted these pics online? They sue people who post pics of the Black-Friday sales in advance.[/citation]

mmmm because black fryiday sales is Target's specific decisions to sell those products cheaper and a lower price on the wii is something all the retailers will have to do? i also don't think they ever sued, i always thought it was just those cease and desist letters.

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]still to expensive i would buy it for maybe 150 tops and it has to be a bundle with no more heroes.[/citation]
How cheap are you?

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
In all fairness, since Nintendo was making a profit selling the Wii hardware alone for $200US, (the $250US price is because they're adding $50US for Wii Sports; the Japanese versions without said game come out to ~$200US) even 3 years ago when the console came out, by now they're probably having a profit margin of over 50%. (as some have put it, "It prints money!")

Of course, demand for the console is high, even in a recession, so they've had little reason to drop their prices to boost sales. Of course, chances are that with the Xbox 360's price catching up, that they might be seeing sales slow down a little, and want to kick it back up.

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
While it may not be "popular" to like the Wii, I am VERY happy Nintendo has had such a smashing success with the console. Sure, it lacks the horsepower of the 360 and PS3, but that was their intention. Cheap, fun gaming for the entire family. Good to know Nintendo has locked their place in for another generation or two (fiscally)- they truly are the pioneer of gaming as we know it, and it's good to see that kids around the world will also benefit from Nintendo's visionary talent.

How many of you guys have fond memories of Nintendo from your childhood? Nintendo is the Coca-Cola of the gaming world, there really is no other!

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]I prefer Pepsi Cola and the Atari 2600.[/citation]
You just sound like a rebel. I agree with you Nate, Nintendo brought a lot of fun as a kid, even if i don't enjoy playing it now.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
[citation][nom]tomwaddle[/nom]How cheap are you?[/citation]
Personally the Wii aint worth a whole lot to me. Really none of the consoles are a great deal for me. I only want a handful of games on any console, Smash Brothers Brawl for instance is about the only Wii game that has any interest to me. I still have a Nintendo and basically all the games I wanna play I already own. Ive tried playing Mega Man 2 on the Wii and the controls are not nearly as responsive, I kept dying on Bubblemans stage on the Wii. While on the NES I just fly through it (cept the giant fish machines gotta slow down for those, and the metal frogs, well that stage just sucks but I still rarely die on it on the NES, death is assured on the Wii).

Status
Not open for further replies.