jag75

Prominent
May 26, 2018
I have a Toshiba 50L2400U LED. Once it warms up, the screen intermittently turns off and back on. It doesn't matter which input I use. I tried unplugging the cable from the main board to the display - the backlights still blink. Using a multimeter, I checked the pins on the connector going from the power supply to the display - I could see a voltage drop each time the display went black. I disconnected that cable and checked those pins on the power supply with nothing connected - no voltage drop. So would you think it could be the power supply or is the display / LEDs shot?
Thanks in advance.

jag75

Prominent
May 26, 2018
That did it! I didn't replace the chip described in that video, I just removed the heatsink and applied new high quality thermal paste. I've had the TV on for several hours yesterday and today and haven't seen in blink once. Thanks so much for the link!

Sep 3, 2018

Thanks for posting. I have similar problem with the same model of TV.
There is a darkness on the bottom of the screen for a while and it recently started creeping up to about more than half.
Also sometimes the screen flashes/blackouts but when it does this the darkness isn't there.

I'm wondering if the back light LED is my problem or something else?
I saw the solution but I'm yet to try the freezer spray or hear pads.
(I carried it by a tech guy who removed the LED strip and told me to order one but I can't seem to find it online hence I started looking at forums)

Thanks in advance.

Jan 22, 2019

Would try the heatsink first, before trying something else, which is more difficult..

LED stripes are usually robust, more likely is a different fault, but if your tech guy can´t get a LED stripe himself, then you are doomed without the stripe in place.