LEDs in Rosewill RGB80 make 3.5mm headset buzz.

Zodiacwolf

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Hello. As the title implies, I have the Rosewill RGB80 mechanical keyboard, blue switches if it means anything. The headset I'm currently using is the Turtle Beach P11 headset with USB/3.5mm interface. The odd problem I'm having is that when the LEDs for my keyboard are on, it makes the sound coming from the 3.5mm jack emit a whining buzz. It doesn't happen when the LEDs are off, and turning the volume down on the headset fixes it. I'm on a rather cheap laptop. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I also just tried a different pair of 3.5mm headphones, and the problem doesn't lie with the jack, so I guess it has something to do with the headset/keyboard duo.

Zodiacwolf

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
It only happens with the headset so far, so is that really necessary? I plugged in regular 3.5mm headphones (No speaker, just regular headphones) and no buzz. But when I just plug my headset into the 3.5 and not the usb (usually gets plugged into both) it still buzzes. Granted, if buying that is the only way to get it to work I guess I have no choice, but I'd rather explore other options before having to make a purchase.

Zodiacwolf

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Actually (sorry for double posting) but it only happens when both are hooked up. When only one is hooked up nothing happens. It also doesn't do it when I have 3.5mm headphones in, and the USB to the headset. So I think it's something entirely with the headset.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald

I would not use the two audio devices simultaneously as they may be causing feedback to each other.