Solved! Turtle Beach PX24 on PC -- mic problems

Nov 9, 2018
Greetings! I am entirely frustrated with this headset that's supposed to work with PC as well as mobile and consoles. I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

WINDOWS VERSION: Windows 7. Technically.

BACKSTORY: Last Christmas I told Mom "Get me these for Christmas! Please." and she did... because they were on clearance at Walmart for $40.

THE PROBLEM: The mic doesn't work on PC (I don't have a console to test it with and my phone always used the built-in mic). Actually, the mic does work -- IF I'm recording audio playing on my computer. So, if I have the headset plugged in, and I'm recording while playing YouTube and talking at the same time, the Turtle Beach PX24 headset will record whatever I'm playing on YouTube but will not record my voice!! This does not help me in a First Person Shooter game....

Now, last year, I'm pretty sure the mic didn't work at all even when I used a splitter cable. For some reason now it will record audio playing on my computer when it's plugged into the audio jack, although I haven't tried the splitter cable this year because I have no idea where it is at the moment.

EXTRA DETAILS: I've tried recording with the Windows default sound recorder, Audacity, and Vocaroo.com and none of them record my voice while I'm using the headset.

Plugging in or unplugging the Superhuman Hearing booster piece, and having that part turned on and off, has been tried. Recording my voice FAILED.

"Listen To This Device" has been tested while checked and unchecked. Recording my voice FAILED.

"Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" have been tested while checked, unchecked, and only the top one checked. Recording my voice FAILED.

Using the front ports and different back ports has been tried. Recording my voice FAILED.

Changing recording devices has been tried -- it doesn't recognize anything plugged in anything, even Turtle Beach's Audio Hub doesn't recognize the headset plugged in... Stereo Mix (under the Recording tab) recognizes sound from YouTube but not my voice.

Solution
Thats driver issue, like mine with supreme FX... Everything works, SupremeFX doesnt give a damn about it.
Try default drivers of windows. (By that mean uninstalling realtek or what you have and let windows use its own)
Thats driver issue, like mine with supreme FX... Everything works, SupremeFX doesnt give a damn about it.
Try default drivers of windows. (By that mean uninstalling realtek or what you have and let windows use its own)

Solution
Nov 9, 2018
Sorry! I'm late getting back here, I got busy with work and depressed and BLAH.

When you say the default drivers of Windows, what do you mean? What's it called?
I got this computer second-hand and I'm pretty sure it's a homebrew. Also, since I've always seen Realtek on my PCs, I thought that was the default Windows audio.

Nov 9, 2018
Thank you. I did that and played around with all the settings again, and while it now records my voice, I can hardly be heard!
I already have the mic's system recording volume at 100% and my playback volume at 35%, but my voice volume sounds low and somewhat muted.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0Q4wjaVQ4Gs Is there any way to fix this?

Nov 9, 2018
Hmm, the quality was on the lowest setting available, though. Also, the mic doesn't work if I use any of the rear ports, but if I use the front mic port then it works.
Although I'm also not using a splitter at all because I couldn't find it and I'm looking for a $2 one with free shipping (dare to dream, right? ^^;)

Is there anything else I can do?

Nov 9, 2018
It's telling me that the System Manufacturer is Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
and that the System Model is GA-970A-UD3
I don't know if that means anything to you or not, I only Googled how to look up what motherboard I have xD