lef 1926 greece

lefterakos

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
hello i have a hp compaq 610 with intel celeron inside 2 gb ram and 160 hard disk..can i upgrade my processor to core 2?

Solution
Although I would not personally see any real advantage to it, the Compaq 610 does have a version featuring the Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 so that upgrade should be possible. I personally doubt it would be fiscally responsible to do the swap but if a good deal can be found on the T5870 it should be doable with minimal issues.
I will recommend ensuring you have the latest BIOS version (version F.20 date: 2 Dec 2011) before doing the swap.
Although I would not personally see any real advantage to it, the Compaq 610 does have a version featuring the Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 so that upgrade should be possible. I personally doubt it would be fiscally responsible to do the swap but if a good deal can be found on the T5870 it should be doable with minimal issues.
I will recommend ensuring you have the latest BIOS version (version F.20 date: 2 Dec 2011) before doing the swap.

Solution

lefterakos

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
I have talk at the HP for my pc and they said me that:No the motherboard you have only supports CPUs with a front side bus of 533 mhz. The version of the 610 that came with a T5870 processor with an 800 mhz fsb had a different motherboard. That was the only Core 2 Duo offered on the HP Compaq 610 which is kind of a basic business machine made out of inexpensive components. what is your propose to do?

TRENDING THREADS