Left Shift Activates Both Shift Keys

Sl4yerkid

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014
While pressing left or right shift it activates both of the shift buttons, I know this from using microsofts keyboard ghosting tool here:
https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/KeyboardGhostingDemo.mspx
I Believe this is happening because both shift keys must be connected to the same circuitry under the keyboard. Is this just me or do other people have this problem? Also is there any tools that could disable specfically Right shift from activating when I press Left shift?. GlovePie didn't work

Solution
did you read this?
3. Some keys are ambiguous to the web page. For example, web pages usually can’t tell the difference between the left and the right shift keys; they only know that one of the shift keys was pressed. For these kinds of keys, the demo will display both members of the ambiguous set. For the example of the shift keys, the demo will highlight both the left and right shift keys as being pressed regardless of which shift key was actually pressed.

rgd1101

Don't
did you read this?
3. Some keys are ambiguous to the web page. For example, web pages usually can’t tell the difference between the left and the right shift keys; they only know that one of the shift keys was pressed. For these kinds of keys, the demo will display both members of the ambiguous set. For the example of the shift keys, the demo will highlight both the left and right shift keys as being pressed regardless of which shift key was actually pressed.

Solution

Sl4yerkid

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014

Ah I see I guess i didn't realize that it could just be the web page. Thank you for the help though :D