Left Speaker making scratching noise at all volumes

chucka54

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Hello,
I have a Onkyo TX-SV717PRO Stereo. When I push the Surround Mode button on the remote or on the stereo. When I switch between Prologic, Hall, Theater, Live and Studio Modes the same scratching noise at all volumes is coming out of the left speaker output. If I switch the Surround Mode to Off the noise goes away. I switched speaker outputs around. But, the noise continues to come from the left speaker output? I will be very grateful for help fixing this problem.

Solution
Since the noise goes away in stereo and you have connected another speaker to the left (front I assume) speaker connection with the noise then the problem is in the receiver surround sound circuitry. Even If the receiver is out of warranty check with Onkyo. They have a program for repairing out of some warranty problems for free,
Since the noise goes away in stereo and you have connected another speaker to the left (front I assume) speaker connection with the noise then the problem is in the receiver surround sound circuitry. Even If the receiver is out of warranty check with Onkyo. They have a program for repairing out of some warranty problems for free,

Solution

chucka54

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

This sounds accurate, I will contact Onkyo and hopefully they will fix it for free or at least at a low cost. Thanks for your response.