Legacy alienware

ragenalien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Alright so I'm scrapping the original idea, I found out that no matter what, no core 2 duo would ever go in the alienware m5500. So I have a new question.

Since the m5500 and the m5500i-r3 have exactly the same body type, would I be able to use the case/screen of the m5500 and drop in the m5500i-r3 motherboard (with everything else that goes with the new one obviously)?

I realize that the wireless card/graphics card are completely different interfaces and would have to change those out for the new computer but can it be done?

Hi :)

Why is over 20 years repairing lappies....or would you like me to type the answer for you in full for the next hour or so....

You asked...I answered....

You can believe me or not...YOUR choice...

All the best Brett :)

ragenalien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
I'd love to hear the full answer. All I'm that would be kept from the original laptop is the casing, and the screen. The motherboard, graphics card, wireless card, hard drive, and cpu would all be changed out in favor of the new one.

Is there something wrong with using the same screen? weird laptop bios monitor settings? You have tantalized me with simply stating that it wont work, I refuse not on the grounds that I don't believe you, but by you not explaining why.

If it has anything to do with the bios I can always use a modified one.

TRENDING THREADS