lenevo laptop battery query

aakarshan

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Hi guys.I'm going to buy Lenevo Ideapad Z500 Click <a href="http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z500-59-380480-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-win8-1gb-graph/p/itmdhz79kjhjz5qz?pid=COMDHZ74QBWHCMZF&srno=b_4&ref=02e8a9e8-9ec9-4a0e-9eca-be37383f9ada">Here</a>. .I found everything good in the laptop but i am worried about battery.It comes with non-removable battery.I think we need lenevo support to remove the battery.If my battery dies after 1 year after warranty period then lenevo will change it?and how much they will charge?

And how much they will charge under warranty period?

Solution
If the battery needs replacement during the warranty period, then the cost is free. However... you need to pay the shipping cost to send in the laptop. Personally, I would avoid purchasing any laptop with an internal battery.

You can replace the battery yourself as long as you have the proper tools to remove the base cover to get to the battery. Of course you also need to be able to buy a replacement battery as well. So the 1st thing to do is to research if any store in your country actually had the battery for sale.

Below is a link on how to perform maintenance on the Z500. The videos on how to remove the base cover and battery is in the "FPU Videos" section...
If the battery needs replacement during the warranty period, then the cost is free. However... you need to pay the shipping cost to send in the laptop. Personally, I would avoid purchasing any laptop with an internal battery.

You can replace the battery yourself as long as you have the proper tools to remove the base cover to get to the battery. Of course you also need to be able to buy a replacement battery as well. So the 1st thing to do is to research if any store in your country actually had the battery for sale.

Below is a link on how to perform maintenance on the Z500. The videos on how to remove the base cover and battery is in the "FPU Videos" section.

http://service.lenovo.partner-management.com/content/CourseWarePublic/18359/player.html

Solution