Solved! Lenovo Explorer - Controller pairing issue

toshibitsu

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I am trying to use Lenovo Explorer headset with my laptop. It's an MSI GT83VR Titan SLI-055. specs:

Windows 10 Home (latest build)
18.4" 1080p screen
i7-6820HK Processor
16GB DDR4 memory
nVidia GTX 1070 x's 2 (SLi)

Mixed Reality Portal is installed and Steam VR is installed w/ the Mixed Reality Portal add-on.

The initial setup of the headset seemed to go through fine. It was working(with the controllers) in the Mixed Reality Portal just fine. Afterwards, I setup Steam for it and it the headset was working in Steam just fine also... but the controllers were not working.

I tried re-booting the system and plugged the headset into a different USB 3.0 port. I tried going through the Mixed Reality Portal setup again, but this time the controllers aren't pairing at all. Does anyone here know the proper way to pair the controllers?

Solution
Ah yes... this thread.

So very odd. I ended up connecting the headset to a desktop and it worked just fine. Afterwards, I tried again on the MSI and it was able to pair just fine.

toshibitsu

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Ah yes... this thread.

So very odd. I ended up connecting the headset to a desktop and it worked just fine. Afterwards, I tried again on the MSI and it was able to pair just fine.

Solution