Lenovo g50 black screen help

Oct 17, 2018
Hi there, after hunting around and attempting f commands and other key sequences, including rebooting with power sequences as I read, am at a loss.
My cat walked across my keyboard (what I get for needing coffee). Now my Lenovo G50 laptop, that already is attached to a external monitor, shows a black screen with the pointer, that I can move around.
I cannot get into any areas of the computer to attempt resets or anything as others have suggested.
I'm guessing she blew out the graphics card, with her old cat eyes needing large graphics(trying not to melt down as my whole life is on this thing). It has never played games, run videos, etc.
Any suggestions on how to get into the machine if it won't visually let me in?
I'm at a loss and not finding answers in other threads or forums.
Thanks everyone!

Oct 17, 2018
Thanks for the question. It is happening on the external monitor. The laptop screen quit working years ago and I could not afford to send it back and renew the warranty.
Retrying all the suggestions regarding a Lenovo.
Tried shutting down, restart with shift f8 while restarting, etc.

OK, so the laptop screen is not working, what seems like happened was that the default screen was set to the laptop one, that is why all you have is the cursor on it. I would guess if you moved it to the edge of one of the sides of the monitor it will act like it's going across to some invisible screen (which would be your broken laptop screen). The laptop should have hotkeys for monitor options, may be Fn + F10, you should be able to toggle between the screens or have the same thing show up on both screens.