lenovo G500 LCD blank

nithint60

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
I have a lenovo g500 laptop. The display is always off (no boot screen). When i connect an external display, it is working. I have tried turning on the laptop with only ac adapter and also tried removing memory sticks but with no results.

metalicgeek

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Do you see the backlight in the laptop? As in, is the screen projecting black but is otherwise turned on? Or is it completely black as though unpowered? If the screen appears unpowered, try flashing a light source onto the black screen and see if you can see anything. If you do see something, then that means the backlight has died. If the screen appears to be projecting black, then you may have a problem with your LVDS cable. Have it serviced.

nithint60

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
When i press the power button, the screen goes from pure black to somewhat lighter black for a fraction of a second and returns to pure black. Also nothing can be seen when flashing a light source so i guess it not related to backlight. I have given it to a service center and they have returned it without repairing and also damaging my trackpad. So i was trying to figure out the problem myself. So please help.

Swaruphait3

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
im.wak_su Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 28
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Semilore kaj Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1