Lenovo G500s - Whole screen has become pink/purple

CSC1

Estimable
Mar 27, 2016
I have Lenovo g500s notebook with windows 10. After switching on my laptop today, my laptop screen has turned pink/purple with vertical white lines. And only a small horizontal portion on top is coming in normal colors. Even during boot up, the original black background is coming as green. Please help. My laptop was continuously ON for last 3 days.

Hi,

Before you do a System Restore here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by connecting an external monitor in your laptop and see if the same issue will persist on it.
- If the display problem will also happen on the external display that could only mean that there's a problem with the graphics card.
- If the display is normal on the external monitor it means there's a problem with the built in display and opening your laptop to check the connections is necessary.
- After checking if the built in display is properly seated but the same problem will persist after running System Restore you'll need to replace the LCD itself.

And to perform System Restore with Windows 10:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

CSC1

Estimable
Mar 27, 2016
The display on external monitor is normal, I checked it by connecting my laptop to another monitor via HDMI. Now how to check the built in display by opening the laptop.