Solved! Screen turned pinkish with green lines - Lenovo Y50 laptop

Dec 30, 2018
I bought this laptop in 2015 so the warranty expired in 2017.

ISSUE: Today when I turned on the laptop, I saw pinkish text with green lines come up right from the start ("Lenovo" text in the beginning) and it leaves temporary traces of previous window/pane when I move to another one. I have all the drivers/components up to date and there isn't any issues found when I ran few check ups.

What can be the possible solution to it? OR do I need to buy a new LCD/connector for the screen?

HELP!

darkbreeze

Honorable
In almost ALL cases I've encountered, pink display or pink display with green lines on laptops has been due to a worn out ribbon cable between the motherboard and display panel. These are usually readily available for most laptops but installing them is not a simple matter. You may want to have the ribbon cable checked or replaced by a repair shop unless you are not faint of heart and pretty thoroughly handy and feel you can tear down and reassemble a laptop.

It COULD be something else, but it's usually that ribbon cable as it gets bent back and forth every time you open and close the laptop.

Dec 30, 2018
Is there any laptop opening up guide or link which can show me how to check it by myself before sending it to the repair shop? Because where I live currently (Saudi Arabia) there isn't much of spare parts available for the type of laptop I own (Lenovo Y50) and since my warranty has already expired as well, I can give it a shot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 4
asyx Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 3
Travis Becton Laptop Tech Support 1
Juaniblanco Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2